Mr. P.G. Pawar is a Bachelor of Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani.
He is Chairman of Sakal Media Group. He established Ajay Metachem Ltd. in 1968 and developed business on national and international levels.
- Media Research Users Council India, Chairman and Member of the Board of Governance
- Member of Council of Management on the Audit Bureau of Circulations, Mumbai
- Chairman of Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh Region of Advertising Committee and Member of other committees of The Indian Newspaper Society, New Delhi
- Vice President and Member of the Executive Committee of the World Association of Newspapers, (WAN-IFRA), Paris
- Member of Governing Council of MSBTE
- Government of Maharashtra has nominated him a Member of the first Board of Governors of Government College of Engineering, Pune in 2004. In 2020, the Government has appointed him as Chairman of Board of Governors.
- He is Founder Director and Chairman of COEP’s Bhau Institute of Innovation Entrepreneurship and Leadership, Pune.
- He is Director of Bharat Forge Ltd, Force Motors Ltd., Pune and Bharat Forge International Ltd. U.K. He was also Director of Kirloskar Oil Engines India Ltd., and Finolex Cables Ltd. for a long period.
Former President of:
- The Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries & Agriculture, Pune.
- The Indian Newspaper Society, New Delhi.
Mr. Pawar is the recipient of many prestigious awards for his distinguished service in Trade, Industry, Journalism and Social Service.
- Padma Shri Award of Government of India.
- Recipient of Parkhe Award in 1978, to Ajay Metachem Ltd.
- Recipient of the Punyabhushan Award
- Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth Deemed University (TMV), Pune awarded D. Litt Degree
- Fergusson Gaurav Award by The Fergussonians, Alumni Association of Fergussion College.
- 7th Late S M Garge award by Beed Patrakar Sangh.
- Jeevan Sadhana Gaurav award honoured by University of Pune.
- Honorary Membership Award by Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering.
- The Shankarrao Kanitkar Gaurav Samiti Award.
Mr. Pawar is a Trustee on number of Socio-Educational Institutions in Pune and actively participates in the development of these organizations/trusts.
Students Welfare Association, Pune:
This Institute helps the students (girls & boys) who are good in merit but economically backward. They are provided with furnished room and food at a very nominal monthly rate. Besides this, lot of other academic help and guidance is given. About 800 students are supported with the help of three hostels in Pune. Mr. Pawar is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees since 1981. He is a trustee from 1974.
Poona School and Home for Blind:
The Poona School and Home for the Blind (P.S.H.B) established in 1934, is a pioneering non-governmental organization in Pune, working in the field of welfare of the blind. Mr. Pawar worked in the capacity of Managing Trustee since 1968-2008.
Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti Maharashtra :Mr. Pawar is President of the Board of Trustees.
Mr. Pawar is Founder Trustee and President since 1991. MANS is dedicated to fighting inhuman rituals and superstitions and promotion of Scientific Temper in India. Its objective is to change social mindsets and inculcate scientific temper.
A Trust started by Kirloskar family to help entrepreneurship, especially for those who do not have business background. Hundreds of deserving cases were given help in the form of of availing finance and commercial and technical guidance to make their venture a success. Mr. Pawar was trustee of this Institute for more than 40 years.
Balgram – SOS Children’s village, Yeravada :
(In collaboration with SOS International )
The organization provides shelter and support to destitute women and children. Many such homes make a village. This was constructed from 1977 to 1981 by spending about Rs. 15 million. Sixteen such small villages are sponsored and supported by Balgram movement in Maharashtra. Mr. Pawar was Founder Trustee and Treasurer. In October 2005 Mr. Pawar appointed as National Vice- President, SOS children’s Villages of India.
Pune Balkalyan Sanstha:
It is the only cultural and recreational center in India for all kinds of handicapped children, situated near Rajbhavan, Pune. Mr. Pawar is one of the founder Trustees and Secretary of this Institute from 1978.
BAIF Development Research Foundation, Pune:
Founded in 1967, it is an award winning charitable organization, which is a pioneer in agricultural development. Its activities are spread across 13 districts of India. State / Central Govt. & Bill Gates Foundation are some of the major supporters of BAIF. Mr. Pawar is a Member of Board of Trustees
Dr. Nanasaheb Parulekar Charity Trust:
Mr. Pawar is Chairman of Board of Trustees.
Sakal India Foundation:
The Foundation helps students aspiring to go abroad to pursue higher education. It also conducts programs for personality development of deserving students. So far thousands of students have benefited from this assistance. Many research scholars have also been given financial assistance. Mr. Pawar is the President of Board of Trustees.
Sakal Relief Fund:
The Sakal Relief Fund, which was initiated in 1942, and continues to collect funds through small and large contributions from the public. The fund has since then continued helping victims of floods, droughts, wars and other natural calamities.
Jalyukta Shivar Project aims to bring water empowerment to drought-affected villages in Maharashtra. The project has impacted around 750 villages.
Pariwar Mangal Society:
Mr. Pawar was Chairman of the Pariwar Mangal Society .The trust conducted family welfare programs in Pune District, supported by Sakal.
The trust worked for traffic, pollution & population control. Mr. Pawar was Chairman of its board of Trustees.
Mr. Pawar was Past President of District Probation and After Care Association, Pune (Remand Home).
Mr. Pawar is Chairman of Maharashtra Medical Foundation’s Joshi Hospital since 2014.
He was Trustee of Lokmanya Hospital, Chinchwad.
Mahila Seva Mandal, Pune:
Mr. Pawar was Chairman for ten years. This social institute works for needy women in a society since 1940. It supports for their rehabilitation.
Agricultural Development Trust Baramati:
The Trust honoured many national and international Awards for its contribution in agriculture for last fifty years. Mr. Pawar is a Trustee.